Technical Expertise, Marketability and Declaration
LVA can draw on a seasoned team of experts for the assessment of products and confirmation of their marketability.
- Assessments, appraisals, layout checks and translations for over 30 countries.
- Documents such as health certificates can also be issued on request.
- Review of labels and designs according to food legislation on request.
- Verification of claims according to Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 (Health Claims) and the provisions of the Food Codex.
We are also delighted to advise companies on matters of food law and provide conceptual support – from correct labelling to advertising claims.
We perform all microbiological food-supplement tests. The examinations extend to microbiological parameters such as total plate count, salmonella, staphylococci, Escherichia coli, Bacillus cereus, yeasts and moulds.
Vitamins and Minerals
Excessive dosage of vitamins and minerals may cause adverse health effects. Suitable analyses ensure that a product remains within the maximum permissible quantities.
- Heavy metals (e.g. arsenic, lead, cadmium, chromium, iron, mercury, tin)
- Nutritional values
- Fatty acid spectrum
- Physical parameters (density, viscosity)
- Undesirable substances (MOSH/MOAH, etc.)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Pesticide residues (multi and single methods)
- Sensory testing