Technical Expertise, Marketability and Declaration
LVA can draw on a seasoned team of experts for the assessment of products and confirmation of their marketability.
- Assessments, appraisals, layout checks and translations for over 40 countries.
- Documents such as health certificates can also be issued on request.
- Review of labels and designs according to cosmetics legislation.
- Verification of claims according to Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 (Health Claims).
We are also delighted to advise companies on matters of cosmetics law and provide conceptual support – from correct labelling to advertising claims.
Cosmetics and personal hygiene products are governed by clearly defined specifications in regard to their marketability and effect claims. Manufacturers of cosmetic products must on all accounts guarantee the safety of their products. This is a task in which you can rely on the know-how of our laboratory experts.
- Microbiological testing (by our GMP-certified laboratory)
- Aerobic and anaerobic bacteria
- Pathogenic germs (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Candida albicans)
- Escherichia coli
- Yeasts and moulds
- Preservation efficacy test according to ISO 11930
- Chrome, nickel
- Fragrance allergens
- Peroxide value, acid value
- Physical parameters (density, viscosity, etc.)
- Flash point
- Undesirable substances (MOSH/MOAH, etc.)
Packaging materials testing
Packaging fulfils its purpose if it offers a product the best possible protection from external influences and does not adversely affect the contents. Material testing provides certainty.
Consultancy focus areas:
- Advice and conceptual support on matters of cosmetics law, from labelling to advertising claims
- Issues of innovation and cosmetics technology
- Review and implementation of HACCP concepts, hygiene, etc.
- Support for start-ups in matters of cosmetics law
- Advice and expertise on packaging for cosmetics and hygiene products